We invite you to attend Motorsports Orientation on Monday, January 23 at 8:00 pm in Duke Centennial Hall, Room 345. If you are unable to attend on Monday, we will hold a second session on Wednesday, January 25 at 8:00 pm in Duke 345. Students only need to attend one of the sessions.
All students are welcome to attend, and students that are in the Motorsports concentration must attend one of the two orientation sessions. This is a great opportunity to meet with our faculty and team leaders to ask questions and become a member of the UNC Charlotte SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers). Details about what the Motorsports concentration involves and how you can sign up will be given.
Also if you would like to gain access to the Kulwicki lab, you will need to attend one of these sessions, as it is the first step in gaining Kulwicki shop access. Even if you have your pink badge from previous semesters, you must attend one of the orientations.
If you are in enrolled in senior design on FSAE or Baja, please try to attend both sessions.
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you are unable to attend either session, please contact Luke Woroniecki at email@example.com. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at orientation.
The orientation agenda:
- Introduce you to the faculty and staff.
- Explain the rules of the shop and Motorsport program/changes.
- Discuss the safety test and Pink Badge (how you gain access to the motorsports shop)
You must pass the Motorsports Safety test to obtain a Pink Badge and be granted access to work in the Alan Kulwicki lab. The Motorsports Safety test dates are shown below. You only have one chance to pass the test, which requires getting 3 or fewer questions wrong. The safety test is on material from MEGR 2299: Intro to Motorsports Engineering class, as well as the Alan Kulwicki Shop rules. Slides from MEGR 2299 and the shop rules can be found on the Downloadable Documents page on the Motorsports website. Two review sessions will be given on the dates below to give you the opportunity to ask questions and review the shop rules. See the schedule below for the review dates/times and the test dates/times.
Safety Test Review:
- Friday (1/27/17) - 10:00 am in the Kulwicki Lab
- Monday (1/30/17) - 5:00 pm in the Kulwicki Lab
- Friday (1/27/17) – immediately following the safety test review in the Kulwicki Lab
- Monday (1/30/17) - immediately following the safety test review in the Kulwicki Lab
- Tuesday (1/31/17) - 5:00-6:00 pm in the Kulwicki Lab
- Wednesday (2/1/17) – 5:00-6:00 pm in the Kulwicki Lab
- Thursday (2/2/17) – 5:00-6:00 pm in the Kulwicki Lab