- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 1980.
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 1982.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, 1991.
- Experimental Methods
- Motorsports Systems
- Machine Design
- Haptic Feedback
- Stability Control
- Tkacik P.T., "A Method for Improving the Friction Level Consistency of Sandpaper for use in Cornering Measurements of Tires," Society of Automotive Engineers, Presenting at the Worldwide Passenger Car Conference and Exposition, October, 1993.
- Gall R., Tkacik, P.T., and Andrews, M.A., "On the Incorporation of Frictional Effects in the Contact Area - Tire/Ground," Tire Science and Technology, TSTCA, Vol. 21, No. 1, March, 1993.
- Award received for "Excellence of Presentation and Significance of Content".
- Tkacik P.T., "A Hybrid Model Using the Finite Element Method and Machine Vision to Study a Contact Problem," Doctoral Dissertation, The University of South Carolina, August, 1991.
- Gall R., and P.T. Tkacik, "On the Incorporation of Frictional Effects in the Contact Area - Tire/Ground," presented at the First National Congress on Computational Mechanics, July 1991.
- Tkacik P.T., "Cascade Performance of Double Circular Arc Compressor Blades at High Angles of Attack", Masters Thesis, Virginia Tech, June, 1980.
- Vehicle Dynamics